Wednesday, August 31, 2011

T

Thumping music rang loudly in my ears. It was a heavy metal band. If it were Blues or Jazz, I am not sure I would have heard it. I am above it all. But this music spoke to my soul. My mind was floating above the messy crowd on the dance floor. I was flitting from one person to another with no purpose. Then I see you across the room. You in your fiery red dress that clings to your body. I have a lot of imagination and I had to exercise only the least of it on you and your dress.
You see me too. And I think there's recognition in your eyes. You pout your lips that is in siren red. I get hit by an imaginary lighting-bolt that leaves me breathless. I have to get to you. Oh you are good! At what you are doing, you are devastating me. My ears turn hot and the music seems louder than before. I can hear the heartbeats of all those around me and mine seems loud.
I weave across the room to you. My leather jacket is black but my eyes are blacker and my mind is at the darkest place. I am bad! I stop to think of the consequences and that I will be damned if I pay any more attention. I reach you. You are holding a glass of vodka but I smell none in your breath. You are slowly turning the glass in your hands and I hypnotically follow it.
"You know this will get messy." I agree to what you say but my thoughts are far away. "You are Bad", you tell me. "And you are Good", I counter. We stay still for a moment. Then as if unspoken, I take your hand and we leave.
So much for Good and Evil not mixing. Both sides are going to be angry in a few minutes when they realize what their head-angel and head-demon have been up to. But like I said -I will be damned. For now I am merely a man and she a woman. We continue the war tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment