Tuesday, August 9, 2011

E

Eggs- Check, Flour- Check, Tinsel- check. Ha! That is all I need. I am  so going to humiliate you. You are never going to live this one down. I am sure of that. You have constantly showed me up, sneaked about me and got me into trouble so many times, but not today, not this time.
And there you are.. among your friends. I see you hugging them, patting them, joking and winking.  Oh and those high-fives. I will show you. Those friends of yours... They readily agreed when I told them what I had in store for you. They suggested the tinsel, in fact. And you trust them so readily. Time to grow up, literally.
One of them tells you to get more beer. You want to give them a great party so you rush in to the house. And I rush out. I hand out the eggs, flour and the tinsel and we hide ourselves- behind trees, beneath the steps, behind the wall. All of us waiting..all of them waiting for my signal.
Annnnd you come out...I give a sharp whistle. All of charge out with out eggs flying. I see you are frightened. And a split second later- I see the realization. You start to run but it is to late. Eggs already pelt you-with their sticky insides coating you entirely.
Oh little brother of mine- it is too late. We are close and you hide your face. But strong hands pry you out and I take the first privilege of throwing the flour in your face. So many other hands smear the flour over the eggs goo. And I throw the tinsel on you. There you stand, my little brother- not so little anymore- graduating with honours from college. You look a mess but you are also laughing, hard with your hands holding your sides. And you hug me- hold me close, tighter a second before releasing me.
Our parents come out and we come closer for a picture. I put my arms around you- my festive brother- I am so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment