Sunday, August 7, 2011

D

"Duet!! This duet will be sensational". My manager says. Or "our" manager says. I look at you and cringe internally. I hate him for foisting us together into this ruckus. I don't even like the way you look. I am sure you understand what I want to say but you intentionally evade my gaze. You look at our manager and look at him with those eyes. Those eyes that should look adoringly at me! I am the one you have to worship. I see the accusation in them. And this is all my fault.
I discovered your talent. I should be the one setting the rules. Yet you stand by listening to the words he says waiting to do his bidding. And look at the way he treats you..the clothes he makes you wear. The stunts he makes you pull. You feel guilty too, I can see it in the way you have bowed you head, they way you are constantly checking to see what my reaction is. But this is all my doing.
You know what I think, I think this is a load of crap. Each of us should be allowed to pursue our own dreams and in the way our passion leads. I come to a decision. Damn the manager and his money. Damn his rules. I am leaving, so are you. You sense the change in me and you look at me. I see the hope. I will not let you down.
"MY Dog and I are no circus shows. We deserve better. He deserves better. I am the one who discovered he could whine in rhythm. We entertained children and the homeless and those who needed a smile. I will not have money dictate my life or his. Come Cesar, lets go rock some tunes". All I get in turn is a gruff bark and a shake of a tail and sound thumping feet accompanying my footsteps.
And that is all I need.

3 comments: