Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peace

Found mine in music. Music just sings to my soul. And 5am is when I am most peaceful. Gentle music in the ears. Strains of violin and an occasional spattering of the flute. My feet pounded the pavement. My best friend in the whole world can not understand how I keep time to the music when I am running. I can not explain it. My internal clock can but I can't. I just run.
The air is cool. Not the kind that gives you bites but the kind that makes you want more. The minute you step indoors you know you are missing the outdoors. The rejuvenating chill. An elusive smell in the air. I can not make my mind up. I think it is flowers, then it turns a little musty, the smell of earth, then a little sharp- the smell of mowed grass. My olfactory receptors have begun to assimilate it all. Makes a heady mix- it does. I think I might be on the threshold to heaven.
Then there are the vehicles. In a distance it seems like a beast is coming at me with bright eyes. They whiz past me mildly, slightly misplacing the air around me. I sometimes wonder what business the drivers are upto. Contributes to a mystery- the ever curious mind.
My heart is now beating rhythmically to my feet. At the beginning it struggles to wake up from slumber and catch up to the moving feet. But now, I am in sync. I am working up a sweat..ha ha..reminds me of a phrase- "Horses sweat, boys perspire and girls glow." No such fancy delicacy for me. I sweat. period.
It is fascinating to see the roads bend and turn and to see dawn slowly creeping up. The tentative chirping of the big birds and the tenacious tones of the little ones.
I drink it all in. I also take a few greedy sips of water. I am almost home.
I reach the driveway. I slow down. Bend over and touch my toes. I feel charged. I feel vibrant. I feel peaceful.
I open the door and I hear the clang of the bowls, the smell of coffee, the sound of 2 showers running and my husband singing the national anthem, God knows why! My dog comes bounding and almost knocks me down.
Hide now, in my heart, my friend, my peace. I will seek you out tomorrow and exchange sweet nothings then..

2 comments:

  1. "Horses sweat, boys perspire and girls glow" - Is catchy :)
    i LOVE Mornings..Nothing like that part of the day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked mornings for a while..effect of bootcamps in the morning!! :P

    ReplyDelete