Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Disgust

All over my face. I could not stop from emoting that particular feeling. I heard a constant ringing and my ears felt hot. My cheeks turned red too. I often wondered why they turn red, when it was not pleasantness that I felt! Shame, partly, I think.
A new bottom- for humanity, I think. How could they? And right in front of the school building too. What was supposed to be pure, noble and innocent had just witnessed disgusting exhibition of immorality. And no one stopped it. No one spoke a word against it. Everyone averted their eyes and moved away. As if by not seeing it they could forget it happened.
She was crying. She felt violated. And I could see her loathing in her eyes. Yet her tears spoke off the dignity she had lost. She was also confused. Nobody had taught her the ways of the world. She had just stepped into womanhood. She had not yet met these people- the ones who raked her with their eyes, the ones with their fingers constantly straying over her skin. I felt incredibly sorry for her, sorry that my gender had caused such distress to her. I wanted to reassure her. But I could only feel disgust, at myself for not standing up to defend her; disgust that such blatantly evil people still walked free; disgust that I was not man enough.
And then I averted my gaze and moved away..trying to forget what I saw happen!
Disgusted..

No comments:

Post a Comment