Friday, May 4, 2012

Listen well

I see you walking into the house. It is a time that even the Gods rest but your pupils are dilated that your amber eyes seem black. This is not the first time I see you doped. But this is the first time I see you walk without even the slightest fear. Your mom usually keeps the window open so that I don't see you when you come. Rest her soul, she tried straightening you out.
I am beyond angry. I am sad. This loosens my tightly held tongue and lets out my sorrow. And my heart bleeds at the thought that you might not live to see thirty at the rate you have been. The money that I have put aside would probably run out out with hospital and medicine bills once you become sick. Who will take care of you if I die? And from what I have seen you don't seem to exhibit any responsibility. Your principal has spoken to me about your truancy and your grades are bad too. How you will get a job is beyond me.
You look at me. You look though me. You nod. Maybe I am getting to you. Maybe I will get my son back.
Yeah right!!!! Blah blah blah blah. Who cares?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment