Saturday, May 5, 2012

Good luck

I will show you. You  think I am good for nothing. You were bemused when I first told you about the competition. You did not ask many details, nor did you ask what I was going to do. You just grunted and said OK. You did not ask the date.
My friends have been pestering me for details about my costume. I was broken that they wanted to know more than you did. I have endlessly discussed my choices with them and every time we come up with a new song. Finally we land on one. I only wish you would ask something. Anything.
You did not encourage. You were not there when I practiced. I had practiced for 22 years. You never bothered then and I knew you would not bother now. I have seen so many people and I have sung till my voice was hoarse. You never appreciated what I did. But this..this is my chance. My chance to make it big. And I am going to grab it with both my hands. Just you wait.
My little girl will win. I have seen her practice her heart out for 22 years. I have been humbled by her talent. Not that I know much about it, I was never the right one to talk to her- I never had the right words or the right tone. I know she has a lot of exposure to the music world. And I believe in her talent. I threw the ad for the competition in her laundry deliberately. I have memorized the route to the venue. And my seat is right in the front. It is my little one's day and I know it.

2 comments:

  1. I like this series that you are doing Meenakshi..it is very hard to read people at times...sometimes,in like the post above,people tend to enitrely misunderstand a person ....prejudice and judgements,only reinforce our wrong opinions.....it is better if people realise that it helps to be vocal and communicative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree...its not always black and white too.and a lot of times things are not the way we think it is..This series was sheer fluke..I started one and then came up with so much more...now thinking if its all too much! :(

    ReplyDelete