Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The customer and the salesgirl

I hate these situations. You know, when you have too many good things and you have to choose. And me..I will choose one, go home and think that I should have taken the other. And I come back to the shop and find its gone and I pine for it. Although I look good in the other one. So I hate making a choice.
I look at the salesgirl. She smiles encouragingly. She has been so helpful. She helped me choose 10 and has been there when I came out of the fitting room trying out all of them. She has been so effusive and enthusiastic about my selection but at the same time she has offered comparative insight. She helped me narrow it down to 3. And then I am stuck. I wear them all. Once the first time and upon her insistence I wear it once more. I twirl in front of the mirror. My butt seems smaller and my waist thinner. The second dress makes me look taller and my legs longer. The third dress I love for the print and it makes me feel so alive. I come out. She tells me I look great.
I am not sure which to pick. Then I look at the prices. And then a woman comes in and asks me if I will be taking all the three because she would like to try them on if I don't like it.I make up my mind. I ask the salesgirl to ring it up.
 I knew the minute she walked in she was that kind that needed a lot of talking to. I was going to attend only one customer that day and this was her. She needed to feel valued. She also had a heavy purse but needed a little persuasion opening it. I narrowed it down to 3 of the most expensive dresses. And I knew if I made even one sale I would get the   "Employee of the month" bonus. I bring in my trump card- my cousin. I make her pretend she is interested. That usually does it. Oh yes..it did. Kaching!!
And by the way- she looks like a truck in all the 3 of them!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Phoenix - You're a good writer! Hope to follow your blog from now on.
    Also, that sounds like a salesgirl I recently met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Subhasri..That "salesgirl" type is usually the one that I meet..pushy pushy!

    ReplyDelete