Saturday, March 17, 2012

Casual Pedestrian

I am the casual pedestrian.
When you are in a hurry to catch the last bus home and you walk hurriedly while looking into your purse for change not wanting to miss the bus, you bump into me. I am he, the casual pedestrian. When you are indignant and angry, I look at you as if it is your mistake. Of course, I was just loitering around, of course I saw you, of course I recognized your haste and of course I did not move. And so it is your mistake.
I love window shopping. I love moving slowly along the shop windows admiring my reflection on the glass and matching my reflection to the dress makes me think I almost bought those clothes. So even if you want to enter a shop you will have to go around me since I am window shopping. I am that casual pedestrian.
I am also the one who takes the leisurely stroll around the shop..I am going to buy nothing. I know it, you know it and the sales girl knows it. But I still insist on being in your way of reaching  the thing you most definitely are going to buy. I take pleasure in it.
I am the casual pedestrian.Not content with standing in one place and finishing a phone call, I choose to walk up and down the walkway to the restroom. I walk in the center so you will have to wait for me to move to one side or you can choose to go somewhere else.
I do not care for anyone but me. I do not indulge any other requests. The roads are made for me, I pay the taxes and I walk on the road.
Hate me..I am the casual pedestrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment