Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The acceptance speech

My mind kept thinking about the time. At the corner there was a chant- Faster, faster, faster! The words came out in a rush. I thought the sentences were clear, but to my own ears they sounded a foreign tongue.
My heart swelled with gratitude at this life. My mind was finally accepting the truth and that made this all the more special.
"I think of the times that I spent rehearsing this speech. Now I finally get to thank all of the wonderful people who have been a part of my life and made it beautiful. I thank my parents- mom and dad for bringing me into this world, for showing me life is viewed with two pairs of eyes and one heart. For the courage they taught me. I thank my wife- so beautiful and strong. The most feminine woman in the world who taught me love. I thank my twin daughters, they have been my light ever since I knew they would come in 9 months. It been 4 yrs and I love them more everyday. They taught me to enjoy the smallest of things. I thank my friends, who have been there for me even before this journey began, who have been with me each step of the way and when my relatives could not take the brunt of my obsession over this, they were the light and oil to guide my path. To the strangers who have smiled at me when I was at the lowest. To all the ships that sailed past me at night, I saw you and I was glad for your company. To my Maker, thanks for the prosperous and rich life that I have had so far..
And finally to the unknown..here I come! "

2 comments:

  1. this is not Meenakshi style :(
    this post makes me sad....i hope ur posts dont trend this way :((((((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well..I thought of this when walking and I had to get it out..my brother is protesting too..guess it will be happy ones after this! :P

    ReplyDelete