Monday, November 21, 2011

Air

As light as air..That is what you are. You fill my heart with a beautiful warm lightness. I was told having you would change my life. It did- for the better. Every day and every minute seems to be perfect only because of you. And the other moments when you are not with me, I yearn for the warmth of your hands in mine, your breath on my neck.
Mornings are gloomy until the minute you wake up, only then my sun shines. You are a tornado. Of energy, of laughter and smiles, of love. It is so easy to love you, as easy as breathing the air.
And like the wind, you change so quickly. If you feel sad, you cry and the next minute you are back to walking in the clouds. You make life seem so easy. And I wonder at the importance of everything else when I all I want to do is just watch you sleep. The glee you show when I pick you up and throw you high, the confidence and knowledge that you have that I would be there to catch you humbles me. Yet it makes me feel so big.
You fill my world, you fill my soul and you fill my life.
Air completes the cycle of life and you are my ether.

1 comment: