Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Confessions of a dangerous mind

There is nothing more dangerous than a person who does not have remorse for a wrong act. I read that somewhere or maybe I just made it up. I don't know. I don't quite know reality from make-believe.
I am being held a prisoner. I meet with the prison psychiatrist once a day so that he can evaluate my sanity. I think everyone is a little insane. They shield it with tightly stretched sanity. It breaks now and then. Others choose to hide it and I don't. I gave into my whims. Lived the moment, so to speak. My temper is violent, my love is intense. My laugh is loud, my crying sobs are louder. I sit so still sometimes to contemplate on the dust floating in light, sometimes I run around the room to match the speed of light- that makes me really dizzy.
I speak with great people constantly. I have adventures everyday. I traipse off to Cairo one instant to the time of the pharaohs. Sometimes I wake up in the Victorian England, I think I have perfected my English accent. Stone age, the dark ages, the middle ages, I have lived them everyday.
I love books. I love how the authors get under my skin and whisper their true meanings to me. It is is all a big plot. A big conspiracy. Everyone wants to love me, everyone wants to be my best friend.   And everyone wants to kill me. She did too. She said I was sick and I needed to let her go. But I needed to feel. To feel loved. She did not love me anymore.
I look for her in the courtroom. She is not there. And then I realize she is sitting up there with the judge. I smile and wave.
The jury decides to call me insane. Aren't we all a little insane underneath?

No comments:

Post a Comment