Friday, January 25, 2013

Missing

I was so upset that they shouted at me last night. Maybe I should get up now. I can only see the sun coming out. I decide I will go out- it's cool and pleasant. I think maybe a snack will do good too. I grab my back pack, stuff my binoculars and go down to the kitchen. I pack a water bottle. Then it strikes me, I should take some cookies and milk, they would be totally awesome.
The cookie jar is a white pig. I climb on the counter and try reaching it. It comes down with a crash. Uh-oh! I grab the cookies and stuff them into my bag. There's also some money in there. I just take it by the handful and stuff it inside the nearest drawer.
I hear someone coming down the stairs and I rush out. I am not really in the mood to talk to them after how they shouted at me for running away from school. School is boring. And it was nice yesterday.
I go through the back door to the garden and through the garden to the field. I can hear some critters scurrying- they must be foraging for food. I go the the pond, feed the ducks some crumbs of the cookies. I splash water with my feet. I scratch cows in a field; they are so lazy, aren't they? I pilfer some apples from a cart that is loaded with apples- they wont miss two...ok...four!
I watch some horses run to and fro. I get dusty when a dusty wind blows. I dust off my dress and go the rail tracks. I put my ears to see if there's one coming. Yup! I watch it go thundering by. And after the last car is out of sight, I put my ears again on the tracks. I walk on one of it balancing like a tightrope star. It is getting late. Will go home now, a little hungry!
As I approach the house, I see cars, quite a few of them. A sherrif's, my nana's and my principal's. Uh-oh. School day! I approach with caution.
As I enter the living room, all pairs of eyes turn to see me. Furrowed brows, teary eyes, is anyone dead? I am anxious. I open my mouth to explain and my mom comes rushing to hold me and smothers me. My father envelopes both of us and smells my hair.
Maybe I can get a slice of chocolate cake too.

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo sweet. And I love the fresh perspective. But my mom would have given me a nice scolding before anything else lol.

    ReplyDelete