Friday, October 28, 2011

X

"Xena!", your mother exclaims upon seeing you. You smile. She hugs you and takes you inside. I stand outside knowing I was not welcome. You mother has told you so many times that our worlds did not mix. But you never wanted to let me go. And neither did I- which is why I was here.
We were a tumultuous pair. One day was great and the next day was deadly. Both of us had huge egos and our personalities were unique. I remember how surprised you were when I introduced you as my fiance to my parents without giving you a notice and how irritated you were when I got down on one knee. Yes..our times together were indeed unforgettable. 
And yet the rest of the world seems to have forgotten. I have not. I saw you get ready for this party- The party that we planned. A gag it was supposed to be. Halloween parties usually are. I was to come as Hercules and you as Xena. I loved Lucy Lawless!! And you decided to humor me.
Here you are without me. I stand outside the house and look inside. You look at the where I stand- not seeing me but deep in thought. This one night I look at you. This one night I have, to say goodbye. This one night I have, when the barriers between spiritual and earthly world comes down. 
I blow a kiss in your direction. You don't see the kiss, you don't see me. Someone taps you on the shoulder and you turn away from me.
Goodbye, my Xena!

No comments:

Post a Comment