Sunday, September 11, 2011

V

"Verbal Reasoning section was pretty easy, Analytical was great. It was only quantitative reasoning that I had some issues in." I tell you. You look at me and say cheerfully, "No problem.Give it a rest." I am frustrated- " I hope the scores are good. This is the qualifying test to get into the prestigious uniersity that I have been aiming to get into. For you it is a cakewalk. You have been very nonchalant about it, but I know, you are as serious about it as me. For you it is another step in the ladder of life; for me it is the start of my life.
I have lived on the wrong side of the tracks for a long time. I have quite forgotten how I became that way, but the important thing is I did. And then you came along and showed me the happiest days of my life. And when you decided to study further at the university, I knew I would follow you. I studied and studied. I had so many doubts, so many questions and you were patient with me, more than patient. Like a guide, like a teacher. In more than one way.
I learnt so much from you. You have the gift of seeing past the present and looking into the future and seeing only happy things when I have never even thought of anything light. I only hope that I can grow positive too. And this is a positive step for me. I hope it works.
The results come in a month later. A nail-biting month. I could not eat or sleep well. I had constant nightmares that I would be rejected. You bring the envelopes in your hand, one for you and one for me. You open yours first. You are in! I tear mine. I read the first word "congrats" and I start crying.
We both dance, you and I. My darling, how beautiful are going to be the coming days. For the second time in my life I see hope- my daughter, and it is only because of you

1 comment: