Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sanity

I sit  on my usual bench, talking to my colleague next to me. He brings up an excellent point abut existential crises being a way to weed out the strong. It all goes back to Darwin's theory of fittest, he says. I disagree. Everyone goes through the crisis as a part of their life as a philosophical aspect, I think. Another colleague chimes in and says that the whole point of life is to think about the crisis and find out an answer. I ask him, "What answer? There is no question. We simply live and simply die."
The conversation heats up. A couple of passing gentlemen pause near my bench. They smile at me while making no move to participate in the conversation. I also see a couple of doctors from the institution walking down the pathway. I invite them to join our discussion, they politely disagree and walk away. I turn back to my colleagues. They have started using words that no lady should hear, which is good, as no lady is near. I join the fun, adding in a few choice and ripe words. Now the two gentlemen are animated as well. This has become a contest to see who can swear the most. All of us are going at it with gusto. I could always persuade a crowd. And I scream the words now to attract more attention.
The doctors come back. They hold me down and sedate me. I tell them to be careful with my colleagues and the other two gentlemen. They look at me and ask, "Who?".

No comments:

Post a Comment