Thursday, August 9, 2012

Death of a dream

My head is heavy. My eyes squint at the light. I look into the mirror and I also see my eyes are bloodshot and that I have a stubble. I splash some cold water on to my face and I pause for a moment with my face inside my hands. How I wish I can just close my eyes and ignore the outside world. I shake my head wanting to wake up from whatever nightmare this is. I only feel the buzz from the heavy alcohol last night.
I walk out into the bedroom and see your side of the bed neat and straight. You did not sleep here last night. We haven't slept in the same bedroom for a long time now. I can not say I did not know this will happen, yet I am truly hurting that it did.
Everyone dreams of a perfect life. A perfect wife, a perfect job and a great package. I put in my 100% to the quest for all of it. I met her at a football game and she was everything I wanted. After a short courtship we married. Maybe it was too short.
I realize that we are not compatible. Maybe my expectations from a marriage was too high. Maybe underneath it all, I was a different person. Maybe we both look at things differently..Maybe we ought to have given it more time. Maybe I did not prove my love often enough. But sometimes as they truly say- Love is not often enough.
In all..the death of a dream. I have woken up.

5 comments:

  1. Love the title!Nice post Meena :)
    "Love is not often enough." is a good line and sensible too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you..felt I had to write it even if it had negative vibes! :P

      Delete