Friday, April 27, 2012

My lucky day

You know those people you see on TV winning a lot of money. You read about those lucky fellows winning a luxury cruise, a new house or a new car. I often wonder how true they really are.  I have never been that lucky. I have dreamed of it, yes. But no I have never been that lucky.
This morning I had a feeling. That I was going to be lucky. Truly and genuinely lucky. It is unshakable. It is after all our wedding anniversary- the one day I actually got lucky. To marry my love. And somehow the day is brighter, the birds sing sweeter. I wear the shirt that I got married in. She is in the bath. I shout through the bathroom door and blow kisses. I leave whistling. 
I go to a shop.I buy a ticket. I scratch it. My anticipation builds when I scratch the last number. No. I did not win. Maybe next time. I buy a locket- a silver one for my wife. The feeling is still there though.
In the evening, I tell her of my day.I give her the locket. She seems thoughtful. And then she smiles-"Maybe it is your lucky day."
How could he do this? After all these years, he ditched me. He ditched me for his wife! How did I trust him. I should have let him go when I got married. I should have just made do with who I married. All those years of slinking and stealth and he ditches me for his wife. And my husband- he got me a silver locket. For crying out loud!! And babbling about some feeling of his... I married him because I thought I was pregnant and turns out I was just late. Oh well, the neighbor does seem hot. Let us see how that goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment