Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The road not taken...

I look down at my notes again. I lost my thread of thought for a second. I have been explaining the principle of autoclave to you. And all of a sudden you come up with a hilarious incident that happened when you were left alone to use it by yourself. I laughed so hard. And then I see those dimples- deep deep dimples. And those shiny sparkling eyes. I lose my grip on reality and pressure.
We have been classmates for 3 years. I noticed you the first day. I did not speak to you till we were well into the second year. And then I discovered how much I truly liked you as a person. It was a joy to be with you. I spent a lot of time after college with you. I don't quite know how to describe what I felt. I never paused long enough to examine my feelings.
I have heard stories where one feels a way and the other doesn't and the friendship goes bust. I was not sure if I was in love, I was not sure if you felt the same way. I was not that brave. To express what I felt, then meet with rejection and lose your friendship. Call me a coward if you will. No..I was definitely that strong.
I'd rather have you for a friend for a lifetime. Yes, I think a few years from now, I will look back at these moments and wonder if I should have just told you. But for now, I am happy just being in your company and not jeopardizing anything.
I shush you and begin with the autoclave notes again..

1 comment: